Friday 25 June 2010

YouTube is a very dangerous place for people with Obsessive Cosmetics Disorder.

Does anyone else feel the overwhelming impulse to purchase after watching the YouTube Beauty Guru's?  Yeah, I thought so. So glad I'm not alone!

So it started with the lovely Sara (SWalkerMakeup), who got this brush in Sephora in Dubai and then mentioned it in one of her videos.  Then the fabulous Gemma (gemsmaquillage) picked her's up in Sephora in Spain (where she lives) and gave it a go. Both of them really rated this brush, so when I went to Sephora in NYC, which brush do you think I headed straight for?? The Sephora Professional mineral powder brush (#45) of course!!

I followed the ladies tip and used it for liquid foundation, ignoring the designation on the handle.  They said that it made applying a liquid base flawless and airbrushed, and they were not wrong!

I don't know what it is about this brush, but my Max Factor Second Skin foundation just seems to glide on in an effortless sweep.  It literally takes no time at all to apply, which is great for the morning rush. It doesn't seem to cake the foundation on,  it just provides the right level of natural coverage to even out any post-bedtime blotchy skin. And due to the synthetic bristles, it has washed really nicely.  I think its fantastic and I've used it every day since I bought it!  Thanks again Sara and Gemma for the head's up and for all your informative videos.  Keep'em coming ladies  ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like it! And thanks for your kind words :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do! I love your videos Gemma, have to say my Bank Manager doesn't always agree though! Must exercise better self control and not be influenced by you Guru's too much hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a post by Katy on http://www.makeupbykaty.blogspot.com/. It sounds fab, I really do wish we still had Sephora in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...