Wednesday 2 June 2010

Dove Visible Care – Brightening Creme Bodywash Review.



I bought this on a whim whilst mooching through the aisles at Tesco.  The Boy was off looking at Lego, so I had to amuse myself somehow!  I think it was on offer for about £1.24, so I thought it’s cheap enough, why not?   Dove is not a brand that I usually go for, as the scent puts me right off.  I can’t even put my finger on what it is that I dislike about it, I just know that I don’t!

After much sniffing I realised that this product didn’t have the generic “Dove” scent so I threw it in the trolly.  I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks and to my surprise I actually quite like it.
 
The consistency is very thick and luxurious.  It feels more like a rich body cream than a shower product and it lathers up into lots of lovely densely packed, creamy little bubbles.  And while this rich texture is a plus, it’s also a problem.  I found that it required some considerable elbow grease to get it out of the tube (morning workout anyone?), particularly when the tube became less full.  Because the shower crème is so thick, it refused to move down the tube.  And towards the end of use, it has required a touch of mild disassembling to actually get at the product at all.  There is nothing worse than fighting with packaging to get at product that you know is still in there!  Maybe a pump dispenser would have worked better.

The packaging claims “proven visible skin improvement within 7 days”.  Did I see a brightening effect on my skin? No, nothing that I was aware of.  Did my skin feel smooth and supple? Yes and extremely hydrated. 

I certainly would consider buying this again, if not for the faff with the packaging. But maybe I could give it another go.  Well actually I’ve still got the “Renewing” version to play with, that was also a £1.24 bargain at Tesco!

Give it a try and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...