Okay, I might have squealed with delight when I read (thanks to British Beauty Blogger and Mrs Hirons) that Harvey Nichols are launching a concept store, namely a 'Beauty Bazaar' in my home town of Liverpool. How exciting is that?!?
A bit of googling resulted in confirmation that my thoughts of location were correct. Harvey Nichols will take over the old Habitat store on Peter's Lane, Liverpool ONE. This is a mere stones throw from the site of their 2011 pop up Food Hall that provided a great many wonderful treats in the run up to Christmas, along with several delicious Christmas gifts last year.
Anyway, back to the Bazaar! The ground floor will focus mainly on beauty, skincare and fragrance featuring all the usual suspects. I'm particularly excited to discover that Tom Ford Beauty and NARS will finally be accessible to me, without hauling my arse to Manchester. This is amazing news for me, less so for my bank balance. The Boy commented "well, you may as well just have work pay your salary straight to Harvey Nics!" What a great idea?!
The first floor will include a range of treatments and services, including the hotly anticipated BeautyMART. Whist the second floor will be reserved for 'private' treatments such as waxing, tanning etc. I'm also excited to hear about the Champagne and Cocktail bar that will be housed within the store. I have a feeling Nic and I will spend a lot of time (and money) there!!
You can read all the in depth details in the press release here
The Beauty Bazaar is due to open in Autumn 2012 and I for one, cannot wait.
Monday, 27 August 2012
Saturday, 18 August 2012
Rome - July 2012
- Ambre Solaire Factor 50 'On the go' - Literally a skin saviour! I'm not sure what The Boy and I would have done without this SPF in Rome. It was scorchio! Perfect for a few days away and a bargain for £3. I also have to point out, that I barely got any prickly heat rash using this. Now that really is amazing... Will certainly repurchase.
- Boss Orange - Nice perfume that is not usually on my radar. Not sure I'll repurchase again, as it is not necessarily one of my faves - but I enjoyed using it.
- Elie Saab Scented body cream and shower gel - Enjoyed using the accompanying bath/body products from Elie Saab and I'm still enjoying the perfume. As you know, I'd never usually purchase these kind of products, but I will continue to use them if I acquire them in gift sets.
- Pantene Pro-V 'Smooth & Sleek' shampoo/conditioner - Found these in a travel bag. Does what it says on the tin. Nothing outstanding, but would consider repurchasing the travel sizes in future.
- Neutrogena Deep Clean face wipes - I know lots of people rave on these, but I'm undecided. Did a fairly decent job at removing make up in a pinch, purely because I forgot my cleanser! Can't say I'd be in a massive rush to repurchase though.
- L'Occitane Apricot Flower Shea Butter - I really like this multi purpose balm/butter. I've used it just about everywhere. Brilliant stuff and smells divine. Will repurchase but have two other scents to use up first.
Paris - August 2012
- Johnson's Dreamy Skin face wipes - These were nicely scented but very dry and therefore were quite difficult to use. Won't repurchase.
- Chanel Chance Eau Tendre - A sample I got from Sephora in LV. Its a floral scent, so not usually my bag. Nice to carry about in my handbag for a quick spritz on the go. Won't repurchase, although my massive perfume collection is sadly lacking Chanel. I can't seem to find a fragrance that I really love from them. Oh well, the search continues...
- Kings & Queens Lemonflower shower gel - Got this from a mini Kings & Queens sent in TK Maxx for £3! Bargain. Took this one to Paris with me and enjoyed the scent. Surprising as I'm not really a citrus girl. Won't repurchase this particular scent, but will probably give the brand another whirl.
- Sure Crystal Clear deodorant - Does what it says on the tin. Only got roll on as I couldn't find a small aerosol Might repurchase if travelling.
- Bare Minerals powder foundation - I like this for travel as it doesn't have to go in those stupid little plastic bags! Have a few various mini BE foundations to use up before a repurchase is due.
- Benefit Posie Tint - Another mini sized product. Think this one came from Glamour. Recently finished the full size. Will probably repurchase in the future.
- Bath & Body Works Pocketbac 'All I want is Love' - Gorgeous scent! Love. Hope to always have these little pocketbac's in my life...
- Lancome Hypnose Drama - Sample size that came with Tresor Midnight Rose perfume. Wasn't a massive fan of this. Didn't notice any additional 'drama' and it transferred on me. Wouldn't buy this. Much prefer Benefit They're Real.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation - This has seemed to last FOREVER, plus I can't be sure if I liked it or not. Still, it's gone now...
- Oilatum Natural Repair face cream - Useful for dry flaky skin. Will probably repurchase as the weather changes.
- Illamaqua 'Freak' EDP sample - Love this. Own the full size. One sexy scent and a good one to try if you love Tom Ford 'Black Orchid' but cannot get your mitts on it/looking for a slightly cheaper option.
- Lipstick Queen '5 minutes' lip gloss - really enjoyed using this. It was a nice peachy/natural lip colour. You know the score with lip glosses... No buying at the moment.
- Giorgio Armani 'Acqua di Gioia' sample -both samples were from Sephora LV. Bit too fresh/citrus for me personally, but it was a nice summery scent.
- Calvin Klein 'Forbidden Euphoria' sample - I love the original, but I am not so fussed with this. The addition of fruit kind of ruins the scent for me. On the other hand, if you didn't really like the original, I'd say give this one a try. Won't repurchase.
- MAC Zoomlash - Not for me. Very wet formula that I just could not get to grips with. Shame really, I have a full size to use at some point.
- Clinique High Impact mascara/Full Potential lip gloss duo - Quite enjoyed the mascara, but loved the lip gloss. A lovely plummy shade. Sad to see the back of this. Might consider repurchasing the gloss, but probably not the mascara.
- OPI Nail Envy - Tiny bit left in the bottom that's gone all gloopy. I do like this, but would consider suggestions for other nail strengtheners in the future.
- Seche Vite - Love how quick my nails dry, but not so much with the shrinkage and the gloopy consistency in the bottle. Still enjoying my INM 'Out the door' topcoat, so will not repurchase at the moment.
And that's me done for another month!!
Thursday, 9 August 2012
Thursday, 2 August 2012
Beautiful picture borrowed from http://beautifulplacestovisit.com/cities/paris-france/
Bonsoir mes amis! I'm so excited that Nic and I are off to Paris tomorrow. I'm distracting myself and writing this while I should be packing. Actually lets face it, if I wasn't writing this I'd be watching the Olympics - which I am completely OBSESSED with! Whoop! Go Team GB!!
Anyway, its shaping up to be a fun weekend away. We're looking forward to mooching around the Parisian sights, sampling the lovely wine of the region and of course, a little French pharmacy shopping if we have time. I'm sure there will be plenty of tales to tell upon our return...
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, whatever you are up to.