Sunday 24 April 2011

Lisa Eldridge is a bad influence! Bourjois Foundation's


I've run out of Revlon Colourstay foundation (which I love!) and have been holding off buying a new one until someone has a 3 for 2 offer on, then I can stock up!

I am however, on the hunt for a Chanel foundation.  But that high end treat  has seriously got to wait until after payday!! Possibly the Vitalumiere Aqua or Pro Lumiere. I'm not too sure yet.  Along with the purchase of a Rouge Coco Shine in shade 'Boy' -  for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I was on YouTube watching the beautiful and talented MUA, Lisa Eldridge High St/Drugstore favourites  video and noticed that she really rates Bourjois foundation.  So much so, that it is a staple of her professional make up kit.  I'm pretty sure I haven't used a Bourjois foundation for years, if at all!  So when I saw Superdrug had a 3 for 2 across the Bourjois range I swooped in and picked up the 3 foundation's that Lisa mentioned. At roughly £6.66 per foundation, I thought this was a good chance to road test them out.

  • Bourjois Bio Detox (£9.99)
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix (£9.99)
  • Bourjois 10 hour Sleep Effect (£9.49)
I think I will try them out for at least a fortnight, maybe more and give my thoughts in 3 separate posts. 
 
Has anyone else tested the Bourjois foundations? What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. I haven't used a Bourjois foundating in ages! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these! I've heard lots of good things about the Bio Detox and the Healthy Mix!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Natalie! I thought, if Lisa Eldridge is using them in her kit - I'm obviously missing something!! I've been trying the Bio Detox one first and so far, I like it. Thanks for stopping by x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried healthy mix and I have mixed feelings- it doesn't work for me in the middle of a breakout, but after my skin calms down, it;s like a dream! It confuses me :/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Phoebs, I can see what you mean about the coverage. I guess they are perfect to use if you are having a good skin day! x

    @ Jagegrrrl I'll look forward to reporting back. They'll have some tough competition though. I love Colourstay ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boots currently have 3 for 2 across all make up!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Fudgesmoothies Really?!?! Yippeeeee! I shall pop in tomorrow ;o) Thanks for the heads up x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm quite liking the bio detox under eye concealer it's a roll on one, feels so cool on tired eyes and brightens well too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have heard good things about these but think they might be too dry for my skin so will be interested to hear what you think. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, has become my hg, luckily I can hive off the change from the food shop if I am frugal to save up for replacements shhh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love healthy mix and 10 hour sleep big time! the detox one wouldnt work for me no matter what i did, it dried so quickly before i had a chance to blend it out properly, had high hopes, looking forward to hearing how you get on with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried the Bio detox and the healthy mix. I have stocked them up in colour 53 and 54 (for when i am slightly more tanned). This foundation works perfectly for me, esp if you have oily skin then I think this works particularly well (not so sure abt dry skin tho), even when ur face gets oiy, it doesnt slip and slide all over your face, plus, I think its oil controlling properties are pretty good. Can't really compare it to chanel vitalumiere/ aqua cause I think the finishing is different. Whilst the chanel vitalumier aqua gives a more dewy finish, this finish is demi matte, in my opinion. Lasts all day, great buy, well worth the money.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...