Sunday 15 January 2012

New Acquisitions


Don't you just  love it when shitty weeks are punctuated with nice surprises?  

With that thought in mind, My Naked2 palette arrived on Wednesday (Thank you to The Boy! x).  In true Beauty Blogger spirit, I refused to use it until I could take some vaguely suitable photographs. I love the original Naked palette, so I cannot imagine any reason why I wouldn't feel the same about Naked2.  I did wonder if they might be a little similar, but no.  As reported by a million makeup fans and bloggers, Naked2 is a cooler range of tones.  I love it. 



As you'll all probably know by now, the No7 £5 vouchers are back in circulation at Boots.  So when I met Nic yesterday, I grabbed another No7 Eyeshadow Blend and Contour Brush. I use these little brushes every day and for a bargain £2.25, it was a no brainer.  I don't know about you, but I can't seem to get rid of these vouchers. Every time you use one, you get another in return!  Any other recommendations of No7 items to spend the vouchers on? I'm open to suggestions.

Hand in hand with the shitty week, came a touch of self sabotage as I started picking at my nails.  Which in turn lead to me biting them and ultimately resulted in me filing them right down.  What a sad state of affairs.  I had got them to a nice length, shape and I was really happy with them.  Can you tell how unimpressed I was, with me having to file them all down?  Anyway, I have now invested in a bottle of Mavala Scientifique thanks to a recommendation from the lovely Debbie from This week I have mostly been loving and will try and keep my nails out of my mouth when stressed! 

Finally, I had some left over Christmas money and decided to try Clarins Lotus oil (£29) for oily/combination skin.  I'd been reading great things about these oils and their benefits on all skin types.  These aren't new to Clairns, I believe they have just repackaged this treatment oil with a pipette - less options for clumsy old me to spill it everywhere.  I bought it yesterday and used it for the first time last night.  Not only did it make my skin feel lovely, it smelt divine.  I also got a sample of the Blue Orchid oil for dehydrated skin to give that a whirl.  

Hope everyone has a lovely week.  I anticipate another fraught work week for me!  See you on the other side people....

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I fancy a bit of that Clarins oil, my skin drinking any kind of oil or balm at the moment, it's so dehydrated! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go and ask for a little sample. I'm pretty sure you wont be disappointed, especially if you are saying that your skin is craving oils/balms at the moment. Have you tried Origins Drink Up overnight mask? I think Nic is using that at the moment, it's supposed to be really good too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lusting for the second one now... arrrrghhhh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I'm not encouraging anyone!! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...