Sunday 1 January 2012

December Empties


I don't know about you, but December went super fast for me.  Coming back from Las Vegas to a manic time at work and then Christmas - it's been non-stop!

I haven't really got through masses of product  this month, but there is some make up. Oh yes there is. Here are the products that I finished off in December.
  • L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream - best EVER hand cream. Love it.  Have multiple back ups.
  • Maybelline Falsies mascara - thought this was okay, but wasn't necessarily wowed. Won't repurchase for the time being,  as I have a tonne of mascara to get through in 2012.  More of that to follow...
  • Elemis Cellular Recovery capsules - I really like these high potency skin capsules.  The premise is that you use  the pink oil filled capsules for the day time (rose) and green for the evening (lavender)  The only thing I would say is that I didn't really use the rose capsules in the day. I have combination skin and so I didn't really trust my skin to behave.  That being said, I could have been worrying about nothing - which is generally the case!  I think these are lovely for a treat for tired, stressed out skin, but I don't think I'd keep using them as part of my regular routine.  
  • Alpha H Liquid Gold - now this product has become a firm favourite in my routine.  Since Mrs Hirons suggested Liquid Gold to me, there isn't a week that passes where I don't use it.  Love it and have back ups. Thank you Mrs H!
  • MAC Fix + - daily use product. Must buy more.
  • TRESemme Instant Refresh dry shampoo - Didn't really rate this. Made my hair feel a bit crispy and sticky, if that is possible?  Will resume use of Batiste and keep searching for the prefect dry shampoo.
  • bareEscentuals Buxom Gloss in Zena - well this is indeed a sad day.  I love these glosses, no surprise there.  But this particular shade was perfection and so not a typical 'me' shade.  Think it was a custom colour for QVC UK.  I even looked for it in Sephora while on my hols, no sign of it.  I literally scraped every last drop out.  Ah well, there are other Buxom glosses in my stash, but I will always have fond memories of Zena.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! Sad that you've finished that lip gloss - dare I admit it, but I have NEVER finished a lip gloss. Never, ever! I've chucked them out before... maybe that should be a 2012 challenge - finish a lip gloss! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm aiming for an eye shadow. Never managed to finish one of those! Although coming dangerously close with UD Sin! Maybe this will be our year!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dolly buxom and was sad too when I finished it! Alpha H Liquid gold sounds interesting x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly is another lovely one! Makes me think of Dolly Parton - Buxom Dolly - oh yes she is!! LOL. Lets be honest, they're all gorgeous. It's just some you love more than others! My recc would be to get a small Alpha H kit from QVC to try and if you don't like it, send it back. I love it though, think Nic is a fan too. Let us know how you get on? x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...