Thursday 5 January 2012

I got a new Boyfriend, all the way from NYC!


Crappy iPhone picture I know. Sorry, but I am too excited to try and find my SD card reader! I must blog about this now.

So legend has it....

Leanne was on her final (and most epic) Las Vegas shopping trip in Sephora (this is the 'Venetian' Sephora - there were others in LV Strip area...and she paid visits to them all!)  It had already been quite a day.  She and The Boy were due to fly home that evening, but hell, there were last minute purchases to be made and Christmas gifts to buy (another epic story that is still to come!) so she headed to Mecca... Sephora with a spring in her step.


  Once the many,  final pre-flight purchases were completed, she headed for the door.  After a slight detour to make sure she had swatched every single cosmetic in the shop, she looked up, a handsome man caught her eye (The Boy had wandered off at this point).  Boyfriend glinted in the sunlight and beckoned her in his direction.  She remembered his name, a desire to to taste the forbidden fruit of a new Boyfriend.  She lustily grabbed him and drank in his scent...

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH!  This is all getting a bit Mills & Boon isn't it? Sorry about that people! *

Back to reality:  Basically I spayed Boyfriend on me and skipped out of the shop with my purchases (no Boyfriend! Except The Boy, of course) and went to the airport.  Fast forward to a ten hour flight back to the UK.  Sitting there howling at Bridesmaids and then I get a whiff of something. Ooooh yum. What's that? Oh it's me and dammit, it's a perfume you can only get in America.  Bugger!!

Sephora says: An alluring balance of vanilla, jasmine blossoms, and an accord of amber is set against the sensual scents of a man, including a light musk and a shimmer of fresh woods. 
Notes: Dark Plum, Myrrh, Night Blooming Jasmine, Benzoin Tears, Skin Musk, Golden Amber, Vanilla Woods.  Style: Sensual. Vanilla. Amber.

Just my type of man!  Obviously a little disgruntled that I only tried this as I was retuning home to the UK,  I trawled through the Internet.  To my joy, I realised that KateWalsh.com  had recently begun shipping to the UK.  Ah-ha. The perfume gods were smiling on me once again, all was not lost.  Except when I saw the P&P of $30 - the a 50ml of the perfume is only $65.  My hopes were dashed again. That's a lot for postage, don't you agree?

  Luckily, I remembered  that a friend's daughter was headed to NYC for New Year and cheekily asked if Miss W could pick it up for me (waving $65 in my hand and a very pitiful look).  The answer was of course yes, because I have lovely friends like Mrs and Miss W who can help an old (*cough*) perfume addict out.  And here he is, my new Boyfriend.  I already know its LOVE!  Good job really.  I have another Boyfriend arriving from Texas any day now (Thank you Mrs Mc). Ye-ha, I gots me a Cowboy and a City Slicker!!! It's like Lego collecting isn't it?  Will add them to my Certified IT Professional and I'm good to go.

Disclaimer: *Please forgive me. I'm a little stressed, sleep deprived and now a little bit excitable! No Boyfriends were harmed in the writing of this post. 

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm pleased you've added a new lover to your collection. I have a couple of new friends winging their way to me too!!

    NicOCD (I dont know why my blogger app won't let me sign in!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I was thinking about Carrie when I read that "I'm going to take a laaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvveerr" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, proper bodice ripper of a post! I am glad that all that pounding blood and passion had a happy ending. Boyfriend sounds gorgeous too!x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...