Tuesday 17 May 2011

NOTD: Nails Inc Augustus Street


Nic kindly gave me Augustus Street in a recent clear out. I loved it in the bottle, then I put it on my nails.  And I hated it!  It was a matte/suede finish and I'm not so much of a fan of those.  I just think matte nail varnish looks like you have tipex'd you nails and then coloured them in. Not nice, well for me anyway.   Good news is that you can throw a bit of topcoat over it and it's back to normal.  So clearly, I love it again. 

In some lights it's grey, some it's a taupe/brown and in other's its the perfect greige colour.


Augustus Street with flash


Augustus Street in natural light

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Looks pretty! It reminds me of All Hail McQueen by Butter London - very similar. I hate that when you get a matte nail polish - I was into that trend for about 2 minutes, but I'm so over it now! I bought a matte nails inc polish and it didn't say it was matte on the bottle. As you say, just a bit of top coat sorts it out, but it's a bit annoying! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it. Very unusual colour for Nails Inc. Your nails are a lovely shape too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh TBBB, I haven't got that one, so I'm glad you said that! I know what you mean about the matte polish, I even bought Essie's Matte about You - What was I thinking!!?!? x

    Thank you Zoe. I really need a proper manicure so I can get them shaped nicely. I'm a big fan of unusual colours ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite versatile isn't it! I'm impressed with shape of your nails too Miss D! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, your nails are gorgeous! I like that its sort of speckled without being glittery, although think Nails Inc polishes are the work of the devil - only ever get them as freebies with coke or mags as the ones I have paid full whack for have been of dubious quality!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...