Monday 30 May 2011

May Empties


Its been another speedy month and we are already just a day away from June. Seriously, I have no idea where this year has gone!  On another happy note, I've gone through a fairly decent amount of products this month. So we have:
  • Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash - this smells weird to me and you know I'm all about the scent.  And this will also probably sound a little strange, but I think it reminds me of Heinz Salad Cream - go figure!?!
  • Alpha H Micro Cleanse - Love this stuff! A gorgeous minty facial scrub that leaves your skin invigorated and super smooth. Will certainly be re-purchasing.
  • Leighton Denny Essential Remover - Possibly the most effective and nicest smelling nail varnish remover. One of those workhorse products that is simply a pleasure to use. Will re-buy the full size.
  • The Body Shop Earth Lovers 'Watermelon and Eucalyptus' shower gel - nice but not my favourite scent from the range.  I picked this one for The Boy, so I didn't expect to love it.  Still, it was a really nice shower gel.
  • The Sanctuary Warming Microbrasion Polish - I wanted to have a rest from the No7 Microdermabrasion scrub that I love, so I decided to try this instead.  It's nice enough. Not gritty enough for my liking although it is more like a self heating clay mask.  So if you want a multi tasking product, this could be for you.  The scent is nice too, just a very feint hit of rose.  Nice, but not for me.
  • Calvin Klein Obsession body wash - I NEVER use these perfumed shower gel/body lotions that come in perfume sets. But I am making a conscious effort to do so from now on.  I love Obsession.  I realise this is not everyones cup of tea (or coffee in my case) but I find it to be a very sexy scent.  I wouldn't buy it as a stand alone product.  However, if it came with the perfume I'd certainly use it.  See, can you see my new leaf that I just turned over.... hehe.
  • Soap and Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em - Nah, not for me.  Didn't rate the scrub or the scent. There are plenty of other scrubs that I prefer.
  • Lush Snow Fairy shower gel - apologies that you cannot see the bottle properly, it decided to roll over as I took the picture.  I love the smell of this. My Lil Bro got me the set for Christmas. This is one seasonal product that I wish they would make all year round. Such a sweet treat. Hurry up Christmas!!!
  • Haus of Gloi Vice Bubbling Scrub - I really like the HoG products I have tried so far and this was no exception. Sweet, spicy and quite scrubby. A winner for me.



  • Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream  - oh god, I seriously wanted to hate this, given it's £75 price point.  I was certain that it would disagree with my picky skin.  But it loved it - dammit! I will  not buy this again, unless it is part of a TSV, as this pot was. I just cant afford to maintain the cost. However I did love every single second of its use and as you  can see, I wiped the jar clean.  There may have been tears before bedtime on the night this ran out. The Boy looked on in bemusement, until I told him the cost, at which point I was promptly told to go to sleep and stop thinking about it! Charming!
What have you been using up this month?

8 comments:

  1. If you miss snow fairy the same scent is in the godmother soap. Rachelle Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get this strange satisfaction whenever a product is finished. I think it's because I am looking forward to replacing it with something else, without feeling too guilty! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get on with the Pro Collagen, it made me really spotty to the point where I couldn't carry on and get through that phase. I'll maybe try the Leighton Denny remover, I always wonder if the cheaper stuff is bad for your skin! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh thanks Rachelle. I'm a bit weird about using soap though. But maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks lovely x

    My thoughts exactly thehouseofy! I'm already looking forward to replacing the empties LOL! x

    To be honest Hannah, I thought the exact same thing. But my skin really liked it. I think there is a ring of truth about the cheaper removers. If you are changing your polish frequently, and we both know that WE are. Maybe it;s time to invest on something a little nicer for our nails/skin. Think I saw a large size in JL for £5.30 - not too horrendous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have got through a lot, i think ive used up 2 things this month. I need to stop chopping and changing things lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @nicoletta — my thoughts exactly! I switch my products up way too much, and then I end up running out of everything in the span of a month. I really should plan better!

    Leanne — I had the same experience with the Philosophy wash. The smell was a bit gross to me, and removed any enjoyment I may have gotten from the product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I like seeing what products you used up! I just finished a tube of NAS lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm convinced that the peeps at Philosophy have no sense of smell! Either something wiffs really bad or doesn't smell at all - what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...