Sunday 29 May 2011

Collateral Damage

I went to a family party last night to celebrate my cousin's 21st birthday.  My first thought was to use makeup that I haven't tried before. So I picked up MAC Mineralize Eye colour in 'Earthy Riches' which I got in the Tartan Tale box set last month.  I thought that I could create a good smoky eye with this and was excited to give it a try.

This is what it used to look like


and this is how it looks now



Apologies for crappy iPhone pic but I cannot find my memory card reader!! Damn those bloody house elves. If they are going to steal things,  you'd think they could come and give the place a little tidy as well...

As you can see the whole 'domed' section from the product had cracked and fallen off.  Taking most of the beautiful purple shade with it.  You can see from the after pic, there is still plenty of the metallic taupe shade left, but I can't help feeling a bit miffed about it all.

I don't recall dropping or banging the shadow. So I'm not exactly sure what happened to it.  As this is my first MAC Mineralized Eye Shadow, is this something that is likely to happen again?  I have a split Mineralize Blush (Hang Loose) and that has always been fine, so I just wonder if this a known problem with the eyeshadow or have I been unlucky?

Has this happened to you? Have you opened new products to find they are broken? It's gutting isn't it?!?

5 comments:

  1. Aww hun that stinks! I've broken a few powder compacts in my time but that's because I've dropped them. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thats a shame, i find some shadows that are really soft break so easily and i find it so anoying xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I haven't had this happen to me but I would be really annoyed if it did so I feel your pain! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bugger isn't it ladies!?!? Annabella, it was about £25 or so for the kit. Not sure what they retail at individually. Maybe about £11-13 ish. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most annoying thing! I had it happen to a MAC blush once, but I'm pretty sure that I had dropped it or bumped the box that I kept it in.

    That is so odd that it broke itself! I would be so upset. I'm sorry :( I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...