Sunday 12 September 2010

I'm done with: Original Source Shea Butter and Honey Shower Cream



I've just had a soak in the bath and had an idea.... Dangerous I know!!

Nic and I usually email back and forth with products we have tried and give our opinions on them.  I guess we  like to recommend things to each other, or maybe help the other to avoid a bad purchase.  Its the kind of thing you do with your girlfriends after you have been shopping.  You'll probably ask, what did you think of that lipstick/shower gel/perfume/dress/handbag? And so our opinions are shared with our nearest and dearest

We email because we don't live in the same town any more (booo for being adults!). Nic has her 3 gorgeous girls to take care of (hence her summer holiday absence on here) and I work, so we don't get to spend nearly as much time together as we'd like. But hey, that's life.

 Nic and I don't go shopping or "hauling" every day.  We buy things as we need (or sometimes want!) to, or are bought items as gifts and our blog is a little happy place for us to share our thoughts on those products, be it good or bad.  That's the main reason why Nic and I started to blog at all and we are constantly AMAZED that any of you lovely people are remotely interested anything that we post on here. So thank you!

Without further ado, I am dragging our on-line discussion onto our blog.  Our email thread is called "I'm done with..." and I thought it might also be useful to the people who read these random ramblings on Obsessive Cosmetics Disorder .  These are generally going to be run of the mill products.  Shower gel, shampoo/conditioners, cleansers and make-up.  All the standard things that we buy use all the time. No hauls required for these posts.  I can honestly say that I really shouldn't need to purchase bath/shower gel before Christmas, I  have that much waiting to be called up for use.  That's not to say I wont buy anything new...I cant promise that! But given that I will be curbing spending on myself to focus on Christmas pressies for others, this might be a good idea.

 Feel free to do this on your own blog, as I'd love to hear what other people like/dislike. We usually mention the name of the product, cost, if we liked/disliked it, the reasons for our opinion and then if we would buy it again. All pretty mundane stuff, but I know I've found it useful!

So here we go, rambling over.  During my soak in the bath I have just finished using the Original Source Shea Butter and Honey Shower Cream. I really like the Original Source range in general and I'm quite besotted with this one.  Its a foodie kind of scent and really does smell like natural runny honey.  It reminds me of Honey I washed the kids soap from Lush.  The inclusion of Shea Butter makes the cream very moisturising and it produces lots of creamy little bubbles that float over the skin.  The scent lingers on the skin (in a nice way - I just sniffed my shoulder to check this statement!) and my skin feels very comfortable.  Sometimes, I get itchy after using certain shower and bathing products. But I don't with this. I'd certainly buy this again and its a bargain for less than £2. 

What are you done with?

3 comments:

  1. I am not done yet, but for the last 3 days I have been using original source lemon & tea tree showergel and I am been SO itchy when I've come out of the shower..
    My arms and legs are itching sooo bad.. It MUST be the showergel..
    I think for that reason, I am DONE with it.
    Shame cos the smell is SO refreshing and lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I can be like a times. It's always a shame when it's something that smells so nice! Oh dear, strike that off your shopping list then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea for a post. Thanks for this. Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...