Sunday 22 August 2010

Obsessive Cosmetics Disorder - Beachy Funday



 I met Nic for Starbucks and mooching yesterday and this Bare Escentuals lip gloss set caught my eye. Its called Pink Delicious.  I thought it maybe an early release for Breast Cancer Awareness, but apparently the SA in Debenhams assures me they have something special being released just for that!

The blurb on the back says the set is inspired by cakes (although I thought of apples) and contain an "infusion of 100% pure bareMinerals, Jojoba, Sesame and Sunflower oils and Cupuacu Butter". They are very moisturising and have a really nice vanilla scent, which I obviously love. They do however have a bit of sparkle in them, I know that is not the everyone's liking.  I can tell you that they are in no way gritty, as some glosses can be. I love the colours and the consistency. They are a total winner for me!

Anyway, it was a nice day for a change, so The Boy and I decided to take a stroll down to the beach. I wanted to show you all my new purchase, so I thought I could get some fun pics down on the beach.



The colours are (L-R) Cupcake, 7 Layer Cake, Birthday Cake and  Strawberry Shortcake


Ok, so I'd better explain the next pics in advance.  We live near the famous art instillation by Antony Gormely called "Another Place".  I personally call them the "funny little men".  I absolutely love these statues. There are 100 life size figures all looking out to sea.  They remind me of the film "City of Angels", quietly standing on the beach observing all.  I find them a very calming influence.  So I thought that the Gormleys would be a fun and artistic way to show off the bareMinerals glosses.


And so, to prove how weird my life can by at times. I'm walking down Broadway towards the Flatiron Building, with The Boy.  He's temporarily distracted by the Big Apple BBQ Cook-out happening in the park right next to this pic, but all I could see was my old friend, Gormley. In the middle of freakin NYC, I ask you! How random!?!? Later on I found there were a few selectively placed Gormely's on top of buildings (including the Flatiron), only after I was taking a pic and thought there was a jumper....very scary couple of seconds!!!  So here he is, Mr Gormley NYC. 



However, I digress. Back to the lip gloss.  I've even included lip swatches, see, now I am getting brave!!

Colours (top to bottom) on my forearm  Strawberry Shortcake (baby pink)Birthday Cake (fuchsia)7 Layer Cake (nude) and Cupcake (lip colour, but a little darker).  




  1. Strawberry Shortcake
  2. Birthday Cake
  3. Cupcake
  4. 7 Layer Cake
Now, as you can see from the forearm swatches, Cupcake swatches much darker than on the lip. It appears to sheer out the colour on the lip, making for a nice neutral lip colour. I love them all, but I really like Birthday Cake.  This whole kit is very usable and as they are all mini sizes (2.5ml) they will fit into any size handbag. 

I love them. What do you think? Have you tried bareMinerals lip gloss before?

3 comments:

  1. Nice glosses, nice photos too - went to see the statues on the beach myself a couple of years ago. They are very cool but when I went it was a sort of overcast day and they looked a bit melancholy stood staring out to see in the mist, clearly in need of a leanne hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly! I love it down there. I agree, there is something almost desolate about them at times. They are supposed to symbolise the emotions relating to emigration. They're also a bit freaky when they are partially submerged by the tide. Like people drowning. What a cheery thought.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...