Sunday 5 February 2012

Tarte SmolderEYES


Tarte is a brand I've long been interested in.  Sadly, it's not something I can get hold of in the UK. So please don't hate me, when I had to take full advantage of snapping up this SmolderEYES limited edition liner collection from Sephora.

The collection includes SmolderEYES pencils in  Golden Beige, Moss, Violet, Espresso, Smoke and Silver Black and retails for $39 (including a pencil sharpener - so handy!!)  The pencils are waterproof and are paraben free. The smudger tip is a really useful addition to the pencil, enabling you to create a true smoky, smudgy eye without the need for additional brushes.  $39 for the set is a bit of a steal, when a single pencil retails for $25. It was a no brainer for me!


I've used these a few times and I am really impressed with their longevity.  The first time I spotted them, I swatched them all over my hand - not too dissimilar to the picture below, made some purchases and headed off for the day.  I kid you not, I couldn't get rid of these liners through various thorough hand washings throughout the day.  People must have thought I was mental - Oh well!  When I got back to the hotel and removed the swatches (with a bit of a scrub) with eye make-up remover, I knew I would have to buy them.  


Colours (L-R) are Golden Beige, Smoke, Espresso, Moss, Violet and Silver Black

I have also used Smoke and Violet as an all over eye colour to great success. Golden Beige would probably create a pretty,  quick everyday look.  These pencils remind me quite a lot of the infamous Avon SuperShock liners. They're creamy, effortless to blend - well, as long as you are quick! And they stay put.  What more can a girl ask for?!

Anyone else tried Tarte products? Any recommendations? 

There will certainly be a few more Tarte/LV purchases popping up here in the near future... 

1 comment:

  1. They look gorgeous, very pigmented! And what a barg too!! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...