Sunday 19 February 2012

Dr Bronner is Magic!



This year I decided that I was going to head down a more natural skin/hair care route, I've always enjoyed natural products anyway so I've enjoyed learning more about natural skincare.

Having read Carla Oats "Feeding Your Skin" I learnt about Castile Soap and by the power of google I discovered Dr Bronner's traditionally made castile soaps, they come in a variety of 'flavours' I adore rose scents so that was the winner for me.

There is some odd writing all over the bottle which is 'interesting' but what's inside is a lovely versatile little product.

According to Dr Bronner there are at least 18 uses for this soap from washing your hair and body to your clothes and your dog! I've just been using it in the bath, it's not at all drying on my sensitive skin, foams nicely, smells good £5.49 from ASOS, that'll do nicely!

The star if the Dr Bronner show, for me, is the Hair Cream, again I got this from ASOS for £8. There are two flavours Lavender Coconut or Peppermint, again being a floral kinda gal and thinking the Coconut sounded a bit more hydrating I went for the Lavender.

It calls itse;f a Hair Creme for Leave In Conditioning and Styling but as it's made a largely from organic oils I was interested in this product as an alternative to the Macadamia/Moroccan Oil I'd been using. I wanted something with a much higher oil content and no silicone and that's exactly what I got.

This product has literally changed my hair, it's gone from being dry, rough, frizzy and impossible to style to smooth, silky and manageable and it stays that way until the next wash!

I use the tiniest petit pois sized amount on my very thick, but short, hair when wet and it blow dries smooth and bouncy.

I also use it on the tiny humans after a bath to tame their very tangly hair - it's awesome stuff! Even The Man has used some after he buzzes his hair off to hydrate his scalp.

I've been using this for about three months now and I'm only about an inch down the bottle, this stuff will last forever!

How do you feel about natural products? Have you tried Dr Bronner?

7 comments:

  1. Ooh you're really selling the hair stuff. I have a very tangly haired daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I really do love it, yep this and Tangle Teaser = silky sprogs!

      Delete
  2. I haven’t tried these but I have heard so many good things about them. The hair cream sounds great….I think you can also pick them up in health food stores so must have a browse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely, just really simple and no nasties!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I like how you call the writing "interesting"! I'd call it secular. And insulting. And bordering on racist. So yeah, no more dr bronner for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon, I'm not sure what you mean by 'secular' or 'racist'. Insulting? Yeah I can see that! It's all very 'one true god' type stuff, not my cup of tea but I don't remember reading anything racist. I will have to read it all again, this wont do my eyesight any good.

      Delete
  4. i don't beleive in this product, i do love using natural skin care products but i don't know maybe i'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...