Saturday 18 February 2012

a-england: Saint George


 The beauty blogging community have been all abuzz about a-england and their beautiful nail varnishes and of course, I wanted in on the action! 

 Unless you have been living under a freaking rock, I'm sure you'll have heard all about the newly released "The Legend" collection.  The website states the collections are " inspired by the enchanting spirit of England and its myths through unusual and sophisticated shades."

I quickly logged on and decided my first purchases would be Saint George and Bridal Veil from The Legend collection and Lady of the Lake from The Mythicals.

All I can say is WOW!  

Being a massive Teal fan, I decided my first manicure would be Saint George, so here he is in all his resplendent glory.  


This colour reminds me of a blue/green mother of pearl bracelet that I got from my family in New Zealand.  Just look at how pretty this is!



I could have so easily got away with a single coat, but I finally went with two. This polish applied like a dream, was super glossy and without any hint of grittiness (which you know is a major pet hate of mine!). 

 Saint George is the most beautiful teal shade that looks lovely in natural light.  But view it in direct sunlight or under artificial light and you will be amazed.


I've included a few intentionally blurry shots in this post, because I think it gives a better idea of the density of the polish. It almost glows when the light hits the multi-faceted particles.  Saint George is truly unique, its one of those shades that I just can't stop looking at.  


Put simply: it's stunning and I am so glad that I purchased this. I feel a new obsession coming on...

You can purchase a-england polish from www.a-england.co.uk and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will have some new a-england nail mail arriving soon!!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Have you tried any Jane? I think they are fabulous, unique polishes. Give them a whirl x

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try them for a while and it's something else I kick myself for not buying pre-ban. I will have an enormous shopping list come July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certain things I'm not buying (mascara/bath & shower products/body creams) at the moment. Thankfully, Nail varnish isn't one of them!!! I admire your restraint x

      Delete
  3. This colour is stunning! I can't believe I've never seen this brand before! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...