Sunday 27 February 2011

MAC Viva Glam - Cyndi


Do you go gaga for Gaga? Or are you crazy for Cyndi?  Maybe it'y my age, or maybe I just can't pull off the light blue toned pink.  Anyway, my loyalties lie firmly with Cyndi.  After all, I am a child of the 80's!

In 1994, MAC launched the M.A.C Aids fund and the Viva Glam Program.  Limited Edition lip colours  were introduced on MAC counter's for a maximum of 12 months, with all RRP from the sale of each lipstick/lip glass going towards helping men, women and children who are dealing with AIDS/HIV around the world.

Viva Glam Cyndi was launched in Spring 2010, alongside Viva Glam Gaga.  They retail for £13.50 in the UK, which is a total bargain when you know where the money is headed for.  To be honest, they have never really been on my radar until recently, when I have begun wearing lipstick more frequently.  I'm usually attracted to gloss.  I like how it looks and feels on the lips.  But, after swatching Viva Glam Cyndi on a recent trip to MAC, I was surprised at the the glossy finish.  I guess that's because it's a lustre.  

So here it is.  Up close and personal in the bullet and on my lips. Apologies for the slightly blurry picture!




At first the colour was a little frightening to me.  I don't usually go for bold colours on the lips.  But I quickly realised that this would be a really wearable shade for me.  It's bright, without being too much.  It's a red, but is somewhat toned down with the inclusion of coral, making this a sort of 'my lips but better' shade, well, for me anyway.  I've been wearing it most days to work and have found it really to be a really easy shade to pull off.  It's certainly low maintenance (which you know is a must for me!) and polished.  Perfect!


I guess as it is almost Spring 2011, that the reign of Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga will be drawing to a close.  So I know that I am going to have to bag a few of these as back-up's.  I not only love the product.  But fully support MAC and their fund-raising effort for such a worthwhile cause.  I'll certainly be adding a few more Viva Glam's to my collection.  Namely, II, IV and VI!  I don't feel bad though.  I'm just doing my bit for a great charity. 

Any Viva Glam recommendations for me?

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this colour, I borrowed my Mums last week, she bought me Gaga and she bought Cyndi for herself. I had forgotten that they stop selling them after a year, gotta get myself one and a back up Gaga! It's the easiest red lip I've ever worn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I only realised that when I was looking on the MAC website. We need backups!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty! I love Viva Glam V- it's a little more demure than this one- lol. I'm wondering about Viva Glam Gaga too x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Zoe ;oD x

    Jeanie!?!!? You're back! Hope you're ok? Hmmm ok, so I might have just popped to MAC on the way home from work and picked up Viva Glam V *rolleyes* I need no encouragement! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndi is so beautiful!! I love my Cyndi!:) You've got a lovely blog!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...