You know I don't generally subscribe to the perfume rules. I take great pleasure in wearing what I want, when I want. However, I have been veering towards specific scents in the mornings. I guess Spring must really be in the air! Except for today of course, when it is lashing down. It's grey and rainy. Horrible! Might have to go and spritz myself with one of these scents to cheer me up. I think it's safe to say that I'm craving warmer, sunnier weather.
- JLo Miami Glow - I have literally had this perfume for years, so if there is a perfume in my collection that I keep for Spring and Summer use - this is it. It's a lovely beachy scent that has a real warmth to it, that I really like and it kind of reminds me of holidays. They say "A sexy blend of tropical fruits, shimmering floral notes, and sultry amber and musk, this sensual scent is as hot as its namesake, and comes adorned with a colourful beach bracelet finished with a bronzed flip-flop charm" The tacky bracelet is long gone, but this happy, sunny scent remains in my collection.
- Christian Dior Addict Shine (sadly discontinued from a quick Google search) - I'm not usually a straight on floral girl, but this certainly dries down and mellows into something a touch more woody on me. Which is fortunately right up my street. They say "A flower bouquet fondles with seductive notes of sweet raspberry, exciting and intensive sweet-silky gardenia aroma and balmy woody cedar notes"
- BOSS Orange - I got this as a Christmas gift in 2010, possibly? I found it in my perfume cupboard a few weeks back and decided to bust it out of hiding. This is a really nice, light perfume. Not usually something that I gravitate towards, but pretty none the less. They say "BOSS Orange Woman opens with an uplifting burst of sweet apples, a subtle and light-hearted middle note of white flowers but with a soulful base of creamy vanilla and olive woods."
- Givenchy Play (which I now think is officially called RWD PLAY FFWD - what a mouthful!!) - I picked this up in a Boxing Day Bargain shopping expedition. I originally wanted the Intense version (which I also now own!), so when I saw this on sale in Boots I thought I'd give it a try. They say: "The lighter and more delicate of the sister Play For Her fragrances, the surprising top notes of pink peppercorns, fruity white peach, bergamot and sweet pea give way to captivating middle notes of precious amyris wood, tiare flower and magnolia flower, whilst the sensual dry down of sandalwood and musks linger on the skin seductively"
- Diesel Loverdose - My addiction to this scent is well documented, so much so that has fast become one of my favourite fragrances. Which is good really, because I think Contradiction is coming to an end. They say: "An addictive & unique fragrance with top notes of mandarin & star anise, followed by the two key notes of liquorice & rich vanilla followed by a base of sensual dry woods. The stunning Loverdose bottle is an edgy, multi-faceted heart with a dagger through the middle. It represents a beautiful but deadly weapon of seduction" I'm sure it sounds like a winter fragrance to some people, but I wear this all year round.
- Eccada Especially Escada* - I'm not usually a rose kind of girl, that is Nic's arena. Although this perfume and the one that follows are about to make a liar out of me. They say: "An intense and sparkling top note of pear is paired with the muskiness of Ambrette Seeds at the opening of the fragrance, which ideally introduces the core scent of the dewy rose. Soft Ylang Ylang adds an uplifting facet to the romance of the rose, while light musky notes in the dry down create a naturally positive aura" This is clearly a modern take on a traditional rose scent. The addition of juicy pear and musk make this more appealing and wearable to my nose. I wouldn't personally choose to wear something like Jo Malone Red Roses - as that is far too traditionally rosy and it would be way too L'eau de Interflora for me. However, this I like. At the moment Escentual.com currently have 15% discount on Escada fragrances, so now may be a good time to invest!
- Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose - Like it's predecessor, this rose scent took me by surprise. They say: "Trésor Midnight Rose is a colourful, upbeat and joyful fragrance. It embodies mischievous femininity: rose becomes playful, driven by deliciously tangy raspberry tones, wooden shimmers and voluptuous vanilla notes" As with Especially Escada, I find this rose based perfume much more appealing with the introduction of fruit. On first spray, it's a blast of berries (smells like blackcurrant to me) that literally makes my mouth water. The rose is always there, just lingering in the background and that is just perfect for me.
Have you got any Spring/Summer fragrance favourites? Any surprises?