Nothing incredibly exciting here for the month of January. Just simple, effective products that I have used every single day of the month. They are products I can rely on, day in, day out. Actually, as I wrote that I realised that I'd missed the Oilatum Natural Repair face cream. But you can read about my experience with that here I have loved using that cream. It really helped with the dry, sore skin on my cheeks.
- L'Occitane Shea Butter body lotion. Hands down the best body moisturiser I've ever used. Holy Grail status - I think so! I have it in the supersize 500ml pump version and I have another one as a back up. Intensely moisturising, yet non greasy. I find this is easily absorbed into my skin. A winter staple for me.
- L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream. Another HG product for me. I have quite a few of these on the go at the moment. One in my handbag, one on my desk at work, one by the sofa and one on my bedside table. Like I said, I have a few... The one in the pic is the Shea Vanilla variant. These sink into the skin and really get to work. My hands feel amazing and I'm pretty sure it's helping my nails too. Particularly as I haven't worn any nail varnish since December.
- Tangle Teezer. Nic recommended this hair brush to me. She uses it on the girls and really rated it. I got one and I can see why the little ones like it. It glides through your hair without pulling and snagging. You can use it on wet or dry hair. I think it's fantastic. Been telling everyone about it!
- Revlon Colourstay foundation in 110 Ivory. I think I'm probably a bit late to the party on this one, but I got this foundation when they had a 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I really do. Good coverage, perfect colour match and it's long lasting. What more could a lazy girl ask for?
- Sephora Professional Mineral Powder brush. I got this brush in New York on one of my many visits to Sephora. When I returned home, everyone seemed to be raving about it and not just for the application of mineral make-up. I remember many people saying what a flawless finish it provided when applying liquid foundation. I can certainly agree with that. This is my foundation brush of choice and has been since June 2010. I love it and it has worked perfectly with the Revlon Colourstay foundation this month, so that's why I included it here.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer. Delivers exactly as promised. Enough said.
- Avon Supershock Mascara. Nice formulation and easy to use wand. It's perfect for everyday make-up and can also be used to create a more dramatic look for evenings - not that I've been out anywhere since NYE!
- Lip Balm (Victoria Secret Balmy Days Vanilla pictured) I use a lip balm every day, numerous times. But it feels like its been really necessary this month. I've used the one pictured, EA 8 hour cream and By Terry Baume de Rose every single day without fail. Roll on Spring!
- Bare Escentuals blusher in shade Irresistible. A really lovely, fresh blusher in a soft pink colour. that seems to fool everyone into thinking I'm awake! I've reached for this one almost every day. Although MAC Stereo Rose has been getting a bit of love too. The only problem for me with anything from Bare Escentuals, is that I'm clumsy and accident prone (Nic and The Boy can vouch for that!!) and I am perpetually terrified that I'll drop/spill this everywhere. I know they are in the process of changing their packaging, but that doesn't help with the ones I already own. On the plus side, I've had this for ages and the jar is still really full.