I'm getting quite good at this using things up lark! Making a conscious effort each month to use up some of my stash, has made me truly appreciate the products that I really love and depend upon. A 'separating the wheat from the chaff' if you will. There are items that I have already or intend to repurchase. I still want to try new things, I just am getting a bit better at reigning myself in and thinking - have you got something similar at home.
The flip-side of this coin is that I realise what I really cannot wait to get rid of. It's usually the things that you like the least, that seem to take an eternity to use up. Does anyone else find that? So what have I used this month?
- Givenchy Ange Ou Demon - beautiful, classy fragrance. I was upset that I'd used this up, then found another two new bottles. So I'm happy again now! hehe.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E facial mist - this is okay. I got it as a kind of make up setting spray, I don't think it was particularly successful for that. But it is quite refurnishing just as a facial spritz.
- Lee Stafford Poker Straight Flat Iron Shine Protection mist - another meh product. I have had this for forever. I love how it smells, but I'm not sure that it actually protects my hair from heat styling. I guess we will see if I notice a marked difference now it's finished.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion - this is one of those can't be without kind of products. Love this and can't remember what my life was before UDPP.
- Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara - was okay. Nothing major. This was a sample size I must have picked up somewhere. Certainly didn't wow me.
- No7 Extreme Length Mascara - love it. Read here
- L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand cream - my number one hand cream. Would not be without this. Even got Parental Unit Number One (Mothership) onto this one now and she is not remotely bothered by things like this at all! Woah, what an achievement!
- Origins Checks and Balances - I like this cleanser, but I don't love it. It does exactly what it says on the packaging. Only sometimes, my skin is left feeling a little tight and almost squeaky clean. Does that make sense? I guess my combination skin is not it's target market and it would be more suited to oily skinned beauties.
- Garnier Pure Active Exfo Brusher Wash - love the scrubby bits, they're great. Hate the packaging design and the actual product. I find it really cumbersome to use and quite difficult to get any cleanser on the Exfo Brusher. Plus I find it a little too drying for combination skin.
- Original Source Chocolate Mint Shower Gel - really like this although the chocolate brown colour was a little bit off putting. Still, it made for a very refreshing, zingy bathing experience.
- Alpha H Rejuvenating Cream - this is a nice moisturiser. Feels a little strange upon first application. It's a bit tingly due to the inclusion of glycolic acid. I'd buy this again.
What have you used this this month? Have you rediscovered any gems in your collection?